Thursday, July 18, 2013

I know, I got some EXPLAINING to do... So, Here It IS!

I know, already.. 9 months miss..?! But, I'M BACK. For good this time ;)

Here's a quick recap........
****does the rewind sound****

Well, November of 2012, I was told by the NEW Rhumetalogist who I was seeing at the time, that I did NOT have lupus. But, in fact, my symptoms were ALL explained by JUST fibromyalgia. So, he took me off of the Plaquenil (which is used for mild cases of lupus, or in mix with other meds to help manage symptoms of other autoimmune disease), and that was it. Even though, I was on Plaquenil for going on 7 months, with some relief. He was so SOLD ON, the butterfly rash as being the DEFINITE symptom for diagnosing lupus, that he disregarded my other symptoms, as well as labs. He even ENROLLED me into one of his fibromyalgia studies, but when examined, I was found to have little of the fibro, and more of SOMETHING else. Let's just say, I haven't been back to him, SINCE!

Fast Forwarding to December.
Mid December, I started to have MAJOR GASTRO ISSUES. I mean my digestive system was REJECTING foods, which I normally ate.. Like... Tomatoes, Dairy, Certain Sauces, Beef and the list went on... Every time, I would consume any of those mentioned, I would get SEVERE CRAMPING and BLOATING. Now... that AIN'T RIGHT! Bcuz, I used to spend QUALITY TIME with all of em'! With, that being said.. My primary doctor referred me to a gastrologist. 

The gastrologist ordered some test, including: endoscopy, colonoscopy & breath test. (No, not the test one takes to measure alcohol levels, but to measure the bad bacteria in your stomach, that may cause all above symptoms.) The colonoscopy results were normal. Some irritation was found on my endoscopy results (possible IBS). And, my breath test came back BORDERLINE, which would indicate the diagnosis of IBS. The results from that test, is still up in the air.. Along, with the "lactose free" diet I'm suppose to be on... Hey, I'm still a work in progress here. Sigh..... (thinks about chocolate ice cream)

Oh.. New Symptom, NEW SYMPTOM!! Early May, I started to get BAD breakouts on my face, neck, and forearms. Red blotches with pimple like friends that itch something AWFUL! Like, poison ivy itch. It started driving me CRAZY. So, I decided to go to the ER. I was later diagnosed with "malculopapular rash", and referred to see a dermatologist. I had a bunch of pics, which I took to show the doctor of my rashes. Bcuz, everytime I went for an appt, my face was half-way cleared up (due to the steroid cream I was prescribed from the doc at the ER) with just some redness. So, the doctor had me do a test. He told me to put sunblock on one side of my face and arms, stand outside in the sun, for as long as I could stand it, and if I got a reaction just on the side without the sunblock, then that just meant, that I have to wear sunscreen all over. But, if I got a reaction on both sides, along with systemic symptoms, then it meant possible lupus. 

Well, I past on both sides of my face and forearms, with the fatigue from sun bathing in the sun. After my physical results through pics, the doctor was FOR SURE, that I have lupus! I was referred to schedule a "skin patch test", which I have schedule in August. Whew, that was months in a nutshell! But, there is still ANOTHER SYMPTOM that puts the ICING on this tier leveled cake called "Journey 2 Diagnosis". Are you licking the bowl yet?!
*oh symptoms*






No comments:

Post a Comment